Thursday, September 18, 2008

Government Takeover of AIG, Why?

I heard in the news this morning about the government bailing out AIG. I didn't get all of the news as to why, but I suppose it has a great deal to do with our ever decreasing economy. Also, it was mentioned that this government take over will effect our tax dollars and that we will all own apiece of AIG, but never actually ever see a dime from it. I think that last part was more of a joke, but it just doesn't seem that way to me.

I see that as a nation we are faced with so many obstacles, that how can we ever straightened out this mess and head into a better tomorrow. I am fearful of what is ahead especially for my son, as he gets older and has to deal with what has become of our country of our world. They talk about there will be a rebound, but when? We live from check to check, just trying to make it work, and the dream of owning a home, seems more like a nightmare now. I feel like I am paying for a mortgage that is worthless, because my home is not worth that price any longer. So they say that the economy will get better, but I just don't see how, even with a new President, what can be done in a short period of time. I just don't see it. Anyone want to clarify it for me, I would greatly appreciate it.

No comments: